When we receive questions from customers, we like to share them here in case you have the same question!
“We have one facebook page for all of our locations. Is that typical or does it make more sense to have a page for each location?
Not trying to create more work for myself – its just a question I was asked again recently and I thought you might have some insight to offer…” – Melissa C.
Great question! Facebook wants you to have a separate page for each location.
- There’s only one location position available to list for the address.
- That address is connected to check in’s and maps.
- Customers needing directions will find the directions they want faster on separate pages.
- That address is also attached to reviews.
Other important reasons:
- Different locations with different demographics might be better served with different voices in your content.
- If your locations have a strong sense of community, it will be less impactful if the audience reads irrelevant information about another community
Remember my rule though…only set up what you can manage and manage well! If you want to have one page for multiple locations, I suggest putting a link from your website to your locations page in the About Section of your company page.
Facebook tries to make it easy now by giving you a dashboard to manage multiple locations.
You can request access here: https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/911181838969039
Hope this helps!