If you have more than one Facebook page and you’d like to combine them, Facebook has now made it easier than ever to do this!
Before you get started:
- You can only request a merge if you’re an admin for both Pages.
- The Pages you merge must represent the same thing and have similar names. If you try to merge Pages that aren’t similar, the Pages may be permanently unpublished.
- Merging Pages can’t be undone once you’ve started the process.
Follow these easy steps:
- Make the address the same on both pages. (*very important)
- Make sure the names of the pages are similar.
- Go to this link: facebook.com/pages/merge
- Select the pages in the Dropdown menu
- Click Request Merge.
Things to remember:
- People who like the duplicate Page will be informed of the merge. This may take a few days to complete.
- Content from the merged Page, such as posts, photos and the username, will be deleted during the merge. Learn how to download and save your Page content
- Likes and check-ins from both Pages will be combined and shown on the remaining Page.
- If you’re unable to merge your Pages, it means that your Pages aren’t eligible to be merged. If you see the option to request to merge your Pages, we’ll review your request.
- If your Pages can be merged, the people who like your Pages and any check-ins will be combined, but posts, photos, reviews, ratings and the username will be deleted from the Page you merge.
- The Page you want to keep will remain unchanged, except for the addition of people who like the Page and check-ins that were merged from the other Page.
- The Page you don’t want to keep will be removed from Facebook, and you won’t be able to unmerge it.
Business Manager Users:
If your Pages are on Business Manager, you can go to business.facebook.com/pages/merge to merge them.
This post was created and published 5/16/18. This content may not remain applicable if Facebook changes their process.
Trackback from your site.